The ideal candidate will bring 4-5 years' experience performing various accounting functions. They will have experience documenting process and procedures, standard accounting policies, cross-training backup support, automating redundant tasks, and performing process improvements. CPA candidate or CPA is preferred.
- Perform duties related to the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process.
- Prepare detailed support and complete internal reporting and parent company reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Review and research account reconciliations ensuring that balances are clearly understood, and appropriate journal entries are made as required.
- Prepare and review journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations, research variances and post correcting entries if needed.
- Identify and research accounting issues to ensure adherence to GAAP, IFRS, and other accounting standards.
- Review and document various program features/attributes and related accounting entries and procedures.
- Lead review of processes and procedures to identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Accounting SME working closely with Treasury, Risk, Tax, Cash Applications, FP&A, and Commercial Finance operations on reporting or reconciliation issues.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests by responding to requests and compiling documentation accurately and on time.
- Evaluate the accuracy and reasonableness of financial information generated by internal operational systems and by external business partners.
- Assist with maintaining proper governance and controls over business activities.
- Participate in a leading role, as an Accounting SME, in assigned analytical and special projects.
- Work closely with members from other functional groups and outside service providers in support of system modification projects (major upgrades, enhancements, error correction, etc.).
- Work with accounting management to build a training program for the accounting team.
Experience, Training & Education
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in accounting.
- CPA, CPA eligible, parts passed, or experience and education required to receive license.
- Four (4) - Five (5) years' or more of accounting experience and U.S. GAAP knowledge - IFRS experience a plus.
- Experience using MS Office products, with advanced knowledge of Excel and more complex formulas (e.g. SumIf, Vlookup, Pivot Tables).
- Experience with SAP/Simple Finance, or similar ERP platform.
- Experience performing technical accounting research and accounting for financial instruments, derivatives and ABCP a plus.
Internal Auditors can expect to participate on projects that cover a wide range of topics, in areas significant to Company objectives, while interacting with various levels of management. Internal Auditors work closely with the business owners using our expertise to support matters related to operations, finance, information technology, business improvements, governance, risk management, and controls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports to the Audit Manager;
• Audits the accounting and statistical data of various departments, divisions and locations in order to verify accuracy in compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management;
• Responsible for conducting and documenting audit projects in a variety of areas with an emphasis on operational, and financial audits;
• Evaluates business processes, procedures, policies and internal controls and identifies factors causing deficiencies;
• Evaluates internal controls and designs and conducts tests;
• Assists in the implementation and support of a continuous auditing program;
• Performs Data Analytics including complex analysis, dashboard report and exception reporting;
• Documents all work according to standards consistent with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF);
• Communicates clearly, concisely, and accurately using professional oral and written communications with all levels of management;
• Prepares and submits reports of audit results including making recommendations on matters of significance and follows up on audit recommendations to ensure implementation; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Portfolio of Assignments: (estimated)
• SOX/Compliance: 10% - 15%
• Operational & Financial Audits: 65% - 75%
• Consulting/Other Projects: 5% - 10%
•Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a combination of related experience
•Master’s Degree (Preferred)
•Professional certification such as CIA, CPA, CFA or CMA (Preferred)
•Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in audit or other directly related experience.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
•Strong analytical skills to analyze complex and inconsistent data;
•Exposure to Electronic Work papers (e.g. TeamMate);
•Knowledge of the following: Microsoft Office Applications, Windows, or Data Analysis Tools; and
•Experience with Data Analytics, Advanced Excel and Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Microsoft Power BI, Cognos, Tableau) (Preferred)
•Ability to travel domestically: 25%
Senior Technical Lead
Senior Technical Lead
Major upcoming project where a Senior Technical Lead is needed to join the project team! Core focus and objective is to move two (2) siloed application development and infrastructure teams into a single cohesive high performing DevOps Team. The role will involve; A) strategy development and planning, B) presenting and gaining full team buy in and consensus and C) executing the move into the new structure.
• Build and develop the overall strategy for the project.
• Establish all planning and timelines required for successful execution.
• Present project plan to client leadership for review and sign off.
• Present approved project plan to all involved across multiple teams for collective buy in and a common understanding of the need, direction, benefits and positive outcomes.
• Openly discuss and drive out potential impeding challenges and obstacles and form shared solutions.
• Produce, create and have version control of required content and documentation needed for the project.
• Provide consistent updates to project team, internal technical leads and client leadership around progress and issues needing resolution.
• Serve as a mentor and talent developer for individual contributors on the team.
• 15+ years of overall experience.
• 5+ years of technical lead experience.
• 3+ years of DevOps experience.
• Strong recent experience with Azure.
• Strong experience leading distributed application development teams.
• Development background in .NET.
• Familiarity with SAP.
• Hands on leadership approach with the ability to improve those around you through continuous coaching.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to present to all levels of an organization.